Thursday, June 22, 2006

Diggin' For Gold

Went to my last class at theDojo today. And my instructor surprised me with a gold belt at the end of class.

I wasn't sure if they would grant me my gold belt since it was not promotions week -- first week of the month. I had the necessary number of marks(8) on my belt, so I told the instructor about my upcoming departure, and asked him if it would be possible to get my gold belt before promotions week. He wasn't sure, but he would find out before my last class.

At the end of my last class, the instructor asked us to line up, which is the normal routine. Then he said that he had an announcement. Up until this point I thought I was not going to get the new belt, since I would have seen it and the certificate lying on the podium. He announced to everyone that today was my last class at theDojo, and I was moving to another state. And since I was an excellent student, I was allowed to have my gold belt. He wanted to surprise me, and hid the belt and certificate in is gym bag until the end of class. It worked -- I was surprised!

I am going to really miss that place. I met a lot of great people during my six month stint there.

Still need to find a new place near where I'm moving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home