Sunday, September 24, 2006

Vegetarian Diet - One Year Later

I decided to experiment with a vegetarian/vegan diet one year ago. Since I was only eating meat roughly 2 or 3 times a week it really wasn't that big of a jump, but surprisingly I have not had any urges to partake of the flesh. Replacing dairy milk with soy or rice milk wasn't that big of a deal either. Rice milk is rockin' my socks. Cheese? I ate a lot of cheese beforehand and that was a bit difficult to eat around. Up until about an month ago I avoided cheese completely. Now I enjoy some cheese occasionally on my pizza.

For those out there who enjoy eating meat and drinking animal milk, heretic fig has a good post on buying genuine meat and whole raw milk instead of the pasteurized stuff here.

1 Comments:

At 8:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the switch to vegetarian/vegan has gone well! I've been doing a vegan diet for nearly 2 months, and it's been going well....but I miss cheese the most. Perhaps I'll add a little cheese in later on, as you've done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home